Digital tachograph Information
Safeguarding Commercial Traffic By Respecting Regulations And Fostering Road Safety
History & Foundation - Newest Version EFAS SE
More than 15 years of experience in digital tachographs.
First fully working prototype of EFAS
(Predecessor TRION-Technology AG)
DG 100 cooperation with Grundig
EFAS – 3 compliment with EU-Regulations
(Predecessor EFKON AG)
EFAS 4 – Tachograph
EFAS 4.2-2nd Generation Eu Tachnograph
EFAS 4 RUS – Tachograph with NCM Kryptomodule / GLONASS
EFAS 4 SE – Tachograph
EFAS BT-Dongle & EFAS Drive App (intellect GmbH)
Digital Tachograph - EFAS 4SE
Highlights of Intellic Digital Tachograph EFAS 4SE
- iCounter calculates driving and rest times per shift, per week and fortnight.
- Also while driving iCounter informs the driver about actual status and upcoming necessary change of activity.
- iCounter supports efficient routing, logistics and disposition.
1-Minute Rule –
- Drivers can optimize their driving time day to day. Activity per minute is calculated according to the EU-regulation 1266/2009.
One4all – High Flexible and Adjustable Digital Tachographs for Various Vehicle Types –
- Automatic setup wizard simplifies the CAN bus parameterization once the tachograph is plugged.
- The EFAS Service Tool (EST) software enables easy adjustment of parameters. EST is free of charge to EFAS workshops.
- Wide range power supply supports all vehicle types (12V and 24V) and simplifies warehouse management.
High Performance and Improved Handling –
- Enhanced usability, software functionality and CAN connectivity.
- EFAS 4SE supports rapid data download time.
- Rapid card reading and writing and quick card release.
- Easy change of language (e.g. switch to default language by pressing only one button).
- Enhanced manual entry supports the driver and saves time.
Connectivity and Compatibility –
- Standardized remote download of FMS data via second CAN interface (telematics and fleet management).
- Standard tachograph service interface, easy accessible at tachograph front side with protective cap.
- Engine speed input (RPM), alternatively usable as IMS-input with adjustable switching threshold.
- Full compatibility with leading accessory tools and workshop equipment.
Digital Tachograph – EFAS 4SE – Technical Data Sheet –
Special Features –
- iCounter calculates driving/rest times per shift/week/fortnight. Even whilst driving, it informs the driver about upcoming change of activity and their duration.
- 1-minute rule – activity per minute is calculated according to the EU-regulation 1266/2009.
- Comprehensive implementation of EU-Regulation 1266/2009.
- Supports Fleet Management System (FMS) interface (Version 2 or higher).
- Remote data download via vehicle bus.
- Automatic Setup Assistant.
- Parameters can be set via different interfaces.
- Interface for motion senor.
- Can interface for connecting to the on-board electronics.
- CAN interface to verity IMS-modules.
- Second Can interface for adoption of telematics and fleet management systems (e.g.) for remote download via FMS).
- Configuration K-line interface and info-interface.
- 6-pin standard front interface for calibration, diagnosis and data download, compatible with leading 3rd party tools and devices.
- Engine speed input (rpm), alternatively usable as IMS-input with adjustable switching threshold.
- Three speed-pulse-outputs (one of them independent configurable).
- Two digital status inputs D1/D2 (logging of user-specific events).
- Signal interface for output of tachograph warnings.
Power Supply –
- Power supply range: 8 to 34V.
- Operating power Consumption: 70mA@24V (max.), 120mA@12V (max.).
- Power consumption on standby: 2.5 mA@24V (max.), 5mA@12V (max.).
Vehicle Integration –
- Standard Can bus communication according to ISO 16844 (road vehicle – tachograph systems)
- CAN ISO 15765 (diagnostic communication over Controller Area Network)
- Automatic CAN bus adaption at installation
- Adjustable CAN speed (250, 500 kbps), Can MIX operation 11/29-Bit identifier.
- Switchable CAN termination integrated (120Ω)
- K-Line/RS 232 with diagnostic functions according to ISO14229 (UDS – Unified diagnostic services) and ISO 14230 (Diagnostic communication over K-line).
System Features –
- 128×24 pixel Dot-Matrix Display which allows to display2x16 characters.
- 2 automatically controlled card readers.
- Standard radio slot size according to ISO 7736.
- Maximum state of the art protection against manipulation.
- Maximum system reliability.
- Conforms with EU certification standards.
- High-precision real time-clock.
- Parameters can be set via different interfaces.
Language Features –
- Automatic detection of the cardholder’s national language.
- 27 languages installed.
- Additional languages available can be loaded on request.
- Display messages available can be loaded on request.
- Easy change of language.
Technical Data –
- Dimensions of front panel (W x H): 186mm x 58mm.
- Protection class of device front after installation: IP54.
- Protection class of device rear: IP40.
- Operational temperature range: -25°C to +80°C.
- Storage temperature range: -40°C to +85°C.
- Operational printer temperature: -10°C to +60°C.
- Weight: 1070g.
Front and Rear View –
The Tachograph System
EFAS Standard Packaging Unit
Scope of Delivery –
- EFAS tachograph; including EFAS printer and roll of certified EFAS tachograph paper.
- User-manual and Quick Guide.
- Assembly-frame for mountain into DIN-slot; wo assembly brackets for removal from DIN-slot.
- Protection-cover for rear connectors incl. screw, seal and seal-fastener.
- Rubber-cover for the rear screw thread.
- Environmentally-friendly cardboard box.